• Take the time to find out what you’ll need to do in order to get a driver’s license in your new home. Also inquire about automobile insurance and how to obtain it.
• Call your health insurance provider and ask if you will be covered in your new country or whether you’ll need to get a new policy through a local health care provider.
• Ask your bank whether they have overseas branches and ATMs in your new home country. You will also probably want to open an account in your new location. Be sure to find out what you’ll need to do this.
• Be sure to find out from the Department of State whether you and your family will need to get additional vaccines or take additional medications in order to fully protect yourself against serious illness.
• Find out how to register your children in their new school and make sure you have the necessary paperwork to do so.
Moving companies in Barrie can take the stress and tedium of packing your possessions and safely transporting them to your new location so that you can focus on other things. If you have any more questions about international relocation, call Simcoe Moving at 877-810-1047. We are one of Canada’s premier moving companies; Barrie residents have relied on us for years for local and international moving.